OZ Lotto is a national lottery game from Australia that was presented on February 26 of 1994 and is operated by Tatts Group.
A change in the game regulation in October of 2005, made necessary hit 7 instead of 6 the numbers to obtain the prize of first category or jackpot.
As a result of this change, this lottery started to be known for some years OZ Lotto, as well as OZ Lotto of Super 7 and also as OZ 7 Lotto.
As an important fact, it should be noted that OZ Lotto players do not have to pay taxes on their earnings in Australia.
How to play the OZ Lotto?
The game column is composed of 45 squares numbered from 1 to 45 respectively, and to make the bet the player must choose 7 numbers.
When the draw is held, 7 main balls are extracted plus two extra balls called “complementary”, which add a plus to the winners of 5 or 6 hits.
Likewise, these “complementary” balls will determine the 7th category prize for the winners of 3 balls and they must also be hit at least one of the two complementary balls.
When the OZ Lotto is played?
There is only one weekly draw, and it is held every Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. Australia local time.The ticket sale closes 1 hour before the draw, and once the draw is finished, it is reopened for the next week draw.
How much does the OZ Lotto ticket cost?
At Lottohoy you can buy your official OZ Lotto tickets from € 1.20, the lowest price on the internet.
How to buy OZ Lotto
Buying tickets and playing the OZ Lotto lottery is really easy and convenient through our online platform.
- In the OZ Lotto play page you can make the bets that you want, a grid of 5 columns (also called lines) is shown, but you can expand it as many times as you want by simply clicking on the “More lines” box.
- In each column, 7 numbers of the 45 available must be selected.
- This choice can be made manually by clicking on each box, or allowing the system to choose a combination randomly.
- By clicking on “Continue”, you access the payments page. The player can confirm or add more tickets to his bets.
- On the payment screen, a wide range of payment methods are displayed, ranging from the usual credit cards and systems known as Skrill or Neteller, to a battery of other methods like cryptocurrencies.
OZ Lotto Prizes
There is a minimum guaranteed jackpot of AUD $ 2,000,000 that is accumulated for subsequent draws if there are no first-class winners.
There are 7 prize categories:
- The first category, for those who hit the full winning combination (7 numbers). This category takes approximately 40% of the fund destined for prizes.
- Second category, for the winners of the 6 numbers combination plus one of the two complementary balls. To this category 1.7% of the fund for category awards is destined.
- Third category, for the winners of 6 numbers and 3.5% of the fund is allocated for prizes
- Fourth category, for the winners of 5 numbers, plus at least one of the two complementary balls. These winners share 1.8% of the fund destined for prizes.
- Fifth category. For the winners of 5 numbers, and 2.1% of the fund for prizes are distributed.
- Sixth category. For the winners of 4 numbers, and among them distribute 24% of the fund for prizes.
Seventh category. For the winners of 3 numbers plus at least one of the two complementary balls. For this category, 26% of the fund is reserved.